Storms Coaching & Consulting is hiring for a Winter 2020 internship. We seek an intelligent, motivated, and resourceful intern who is excited to bring critical thinking and sharp analytical skills to the Executive Coaching and Consulting practice. The Winter 2020 term runs from early January through the end of April, dependent on candidate availability with an opportunity to extend into Summer months. Internship is part-time, paid and remote with some in-person LA appearances requested.
We are looking for an intern who is excited to bring creativity paired with critical thinking, sharp analytical skills and a desire to change the world to a dynamic and growing Coaching & Consulting Practice. The primary function of this role is to support the Founder & Executive Coach, Gia Storms, in day-to-day coaching activities and brand/visibility/thought leadership efforts. The candidate should be a passionate, organized, and energetic individual who is excited to contribute positively to a practice that is aimed at making a lasting change in the world. Over the course of the internship, the individual will have the opportunity to interact with a diverse set of individual and organizational clients in the non-profit, entertainment and corporate sectors, as well as learn best practices in coaching, leadership consulting and communications. Through this work, the intern will contribute to new business development and pitches, leadership expertise, communications and strategic positioning of Storms Coaching and Consulting.
• Assisting in the development and execution of marketing campaign materials for newsletters, social media, powerpoint decks, and other marketing materials as needed;
• Developing analytical tools for assessing impact and communications reach;
• Identifying media targets and crafting story pitches for relevant reporters;
• Researching thought leadership opportunities and coordinating proposals for relevant events and conferences;
• Assisting in planning logistics for travel and client scheduling;
• Overseeing website updates;
• Conducting research for pertinent articles and writing projects in the arena of leadership and professional development;
• Assisting with any additional coaching-related projects, as needed.
We seek candidates who match the following requirements:
• Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate institution
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments as a collaborative team player who can also work autonomously
• Strong interest in marketing/communications, creative development and how they intersect with executive coaching, professional development, organizational development and leadership
• Strong writing and oral communication skills are essential, experience with digital communications, media relations and event management a plus
• Excellent research and critical thinking skills
• Highly organized, attentive to detail, with a positive roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
• Fun, creative, and isn't afraid to think-outside-of-the-box
• The ideal candidate will have experience with design software and online editing tools (Canva, Wix.com, ActiveCampaign, though this skill set is not required for this role
Storms Coaching and Consulting provides ongoing coaching to executives and leaders, individuals in career transition and groups developing team dynamics. As leadership coach and facilitator, develops individuals to realize their goals and pave the way for transformation in businesses and careers.
Clients include: Executive directors, entertainment industry professionals, corporations and non-profits, business owners, mid-level managers and creatives. Custom design of regular workshops and trainings to facilitate teamwork and improve performance outcomes, including styles assessments, time management, feedback, employee evaluation, values exploration, goal setting, self-awareness, communications improvement, peer consultancies and negotiation.
Additional Information and To Apply
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US. • All candidates must be at least 18 years old. • All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class
Work is both remote (10 hours a week) and preferably in-office at a minimum of 5 hours a week in Silver Lake, LA • All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the season. • All candidates must be available from January - May • All candidates must be willing to work a minimum of 15 hours/week • Internship pays a stipend • To apply email resume and cover letter, subject line: Internship